Thursday, February 16, 2012

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day, February 2012

The mild winter here in the northeast has given us the most wonderful February Bloom Day ever. From the dusky tones of Erica carnea, which started showing color at Thanksgiving, to the flaming red of Hamamelis x intermedia 'Diane', which has just burst into bloom this week, the garden is really coming to life.
Winter heath


Witch hazel Diane


Here's a list!

  • Helleborus niger
  • Helleborus x hybridus
  • Helleborus foetidus

  • Viburnum x bodnantense Dawn
  • Hamamellis 'Diane'

  • Hamamellis 'Arnold Promise'
  • Erica carnea
  • Jasminum nudiflorum
  • Galanthus nivalis - snowdrops
  • Lonicera fragrantissima, winter honeysuckle


Helleborus niger




Helleborus x hybridus


Here's an updated link to May Dreams Gardens' Garden Bloggers Bloom Day posts.

4 Comments:

Blogger Commonweeder said...

How wonderful to have bloom in Massachusetts at this time of the year. I am waiting to see if my tiny and new 'Diane' survived the winter.

February 16, 2012  
Anonymous Lea s Menagerie said...

Beautiful!
I especially like the Witch Hazel!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

February 16, 2012  
Blogger scottweberpdx said...

OMG...I'm so jealous of your blooms! Sadly, I don't have room for Witch Hazel (BOO!) and have no luck with the Heathers :-( Guess I'll just have to enjoy them vicariously through you and others on GBBD!

February 17, 2012  
Blogger Gardens at Waters East said...

I just stumbled upon your Blog and I am always looking for new blogs that give me another perspective of the USA. I will now be following your Blog. It will give me a different look from here on the shores of Lake Michigan, yet some will be the same with all the water near both of us. See you soon. Jack

March 03, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home